Scarperia e San Piero, Tuscany, Italy
- Lewis Hamilton/Mercedes
- Valterri Bottas/Mercedes
- Alex Albon/Red Bull
F1’s second race in Italy in as many weeks! The Tuscan GP was a combination of survival and trivia event…..
- Ferrari’s 1,000th grand prix (1,028th GP overall).
- 75th different circuit featured in the F1 world championship series.
- First time and only, planned for the moment, GP at Mugello.
- Only 6th GP to experiences double Red flags.
- Verstappen off into the gravel trap in Sector 1 on Lap 1 resulting in a SC. Marks the 2nd DNF in as many weeks. To add insult to injury he radioed the team just as after the start that he had no power. Red Bull’s issues continue.
- Gasly, last week’s GP winner, tangles with Raikkonen’s Alfa, resulting in a DNF on Lap 1 for AlfaTauri. The Alfa Romeo continued on without any noticeable damage.
- Big crash at the restart of Lap 7 just as the SC was retiring on the grid. Carlos Sainz, Kevin Magnussen, Nicolas Latifii, and Antonio Giovanazzi all scattered across the start/finish line resulting in a Red flag. debis scattered across the entire width of the straightaway. The SC brought the remaining grid (13 cars) into the pits. 2nd time in 2 weeks.
- Stroll off track and into a barrier on a high speed section on Lap 44, SC deployed resulting in a 2nd Red flag (12 cars remain).
- 5 second time penalty issued to Kimi Raikkonen for crossing the line at the pit entry on Lap 46.