Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
- Pierre Gasly/AlphaTauri
- Carlos Sainz/McLaren
- Lance Stroll/Racing Point
Quite the contrast to last week at Spa, this week’s Italian GP was full of things to keep your attention for the entire race.
- Williams’ family last GP as team principals.
- Vettel’s rear brake failure and retirement first of the eventual double Ferrari retirement at Lap 6.
- Valterri’s poor start (-4) and cooling issues.
- Magnussen’s sudden power loss and stop short of pit lane entry and retirement at Lap 26.
- Penalties for Hamilton and Giovonazzi (+10 seconds) for putting while pit lane was closed for Magnussens collection. Penalty is effectively a 30 second penalty when you calculate getting back up to race speed.
- LeClerc’s impact and retirement at the parabolica chicane after losing the rear end.
- Red Flag: Session suspended to rebuild tire barrier after LeClerc’s impact at Lap 27.
- Lando Norris race investigation for entering pit lane deliberately slow when McLaren’s box was double stacked during Safety Car.
- Lance Stroll’s massive lockup on Lap 28 just after restart and utilized the runoff area.
- Verstappen’s mysterious (engine?) retirement at Lap 31.
- ”Reverse Grid” racing mentioned more than once by commentators.